Saturday, February 13, 2016

Car show

Honda booth, Canadian International Auto Show, Toronto, Feb. 11, 2016

MEDIA DAY AT THE AUTO SHOW has become my film festival lately - a chance to turn my cameras on captive subjects. I brought along a trio of cameras this year (four if you count my cellphone - and increasingly these days you should) on my annual assignment from blogTO.

I fed my cellphone shots into my Instagram feed as I worked, while shooting the bulk of my photos for the paid post. I also shot with my X30, using it as a stand-in for my much-loved Rolleis, to try and capture the sorts of graphic details that car nuts love.

Details, Canadian International Auto Show, Toronto, Feb. 11, 2016

This year, though, I decided to give as much attention to the people at media day, standing as they were under the same careful lighting that's meant to make the cars look good.

Media Day, Canadian International Auto Show, Toronto, Feb. 11, 2016

 

1 comment:

  1. You have quite the knack for photography! Are you an enthusiast or professional? That Mercedes looks as slick as ever too, no matter the pictures taken of it. I really like the yellow paint job as well. What model is that one again? I wish I could've been there for this car show, for they really brought out some heavy contenders.

    Lonnie @ Viva Chevrolet

    ReplyDelete