Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Honda Indy 2016


I'VE COVERED THE HONDA INDY EVERY YEAR FOR FIVE YEARS NOW. At first I did it because I'm a bit of a gearhead, and wanted to challenge myself to shoot motorsport. This year - possibly my last one if I can't find someone new to write for - I tried to do more formal portraits on the spot, a challenge I've been anxious to bring to everything I shoot lately.

Daniel Morad, IMSA Porsche GT3 driver
Jean-Francois & Louis-Philippe Dumoulin, NASCAR Pinty's Series drivers
Sara Price, Stadium Super Trucks driver
Neil Campbell, Andretti Motorsport mechanic
Alexander Rossi, Indycar driver
Simon Pagenaud, Indycar driver

While shooting the Indycar race, last year's winner Josef Newgarden lost control and hit the wall just in front of where I was standing. This shot of his car, wheel busted, hanging from the recovery vehicle's tow winch, might be a little symbol of where my own motorsport photography ambitions are, just at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment